General discussion
May 20, 2003 at 05:02 PM
michael34

Windows 2000 Dialin Access

by michael34 . Updated 23 years, 4 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I have my PC setup to answer calls for dialin access (I am running Windows 2000 Pro)

My problem is when users connect they have no idea what to do. It says somehow I can give them access to my network Resources, which I need.

Here is my setup:
I have a Router which is acting as a DHCP Server. The Address is 192.168.1.1 which I use to access the information within it (I am guessing that is my DHCP Address?!?!?). All my Local PC’s on my LAN have IP addresses specified by my router.

The Router obtains the Internet information from my Cable Modem (under WAN).

Now I have the following protocols setup for dialin:

TCP/IP
IPX/SPX/NetBIOS
File and Print Shairing
Client for MS Networks
NWLing NetBIOS

TCP Properties are:
Allow callers to access my local area network
Assign TCP/IP Addresses automatically using DHCP

IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Properties:
Allow callers to access my local area network
Assign same network number to all computersAssign network number automatically

Client for Microsoft Network Properties:
Windows Locator

I am not sure if those settings would allow the client to connect to my LAN. I checked everything and it all checks out, but how do they access computers and files on my network? and would they be able to access my internet access also?

The Remote PC has the same setup as mine (its one of the computers on my network, a labtop used for testingm which I disconnected from my network to see ifI can get it access through dialup)except it is setup to call, not recieve.

Any help?

This discussion is locked

All Comments