General discussion
March 11, 2003 at 01:49 AM
tim

Windows 2000 GPO

by tim . Updated 23 years, 3 months ago

I am trying to set a GPO for each OU on my 2000 Advanced Server but could not get it to work properly.

Here are what I did:

1) created a share folder on the server with SMB share permission for EveryOne (default)

2) created a GPO for OU-Accounting and set it to redirect the “My Documents” folder to the share folder on the server

3) add user accounts to the OU-Accounting

here is my problem:

When I log users on to a Workstation, folder redirection does not work. The folder does not create automatically under the sharefolder on the server. The setup in the GPO is \\serverame\sharefolder\%username%

have to create the folder manually and change the path of “My Documents” on the user laptop to point to \\serverame\sharefolder\%username%
manually.

Can you tell me what I am missing or doing wrong. This server is running parallel with another server in the domain. I am trying to move everyone from the old server to this new server. I have about 200 users and not really want to have to do this for every single one of them. Many thanks to any help/suggestions

This discussion is locked

All Comments