General discussion
January 22, 2003 at 08:25 PM
xenakisfg

Windows 2000 & remote access

by xenakisfg . Updated 23 years, 8 months ago

My IT Technical Manager reports to me in our company setup. I do have an IT technical background but I have not been “hands on” since 1995. We are at present upgrading from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Server & also from Windows 98 client to Windows 2000 pro client. At present we have upgraded some of the client worksatations (mine included)to windows 2000 pro but still using windows NT for the server (until we upgrade to windows 2000 Server). My technical manager administers the system but I do not want him to have access to my hard drive (c-drive). How can I be assured & confident that he has no access to my hard drive as I have confidential data? We deploy remote anti-virus updates (Network Associates ePolicy Orchestrator )accross our network to all client workstations on a daily basis and therefore he does have access to my PC for antivus update purposes.

Thanks for your assistance & guidance

This discussion is locked

All Comments