General discussion
February 19, 2003 at 05:11 AM
kashmeir63

Windows 2000 server disks configuration

by kashmeir63 . Updated 23 years, 7 months ago

Hi,
I have a computer(server) that I want to currenlty reconfigure the disks(hard drives).
I currently have 10 — 9gig hard drives and
2 — 4gig hard drives..I do not care about fault tolerance or redundacy.. This is going to be a test box. Just trying to get as much space as possible.. I would like to mirror the 9 gig which I would put the os on..This would leave me 10 drives. The problem I have is the scsi card in the computer limits me to 8 gigs per raid… Is it possible to create 2 raid o’s and in windows 2000 server have them be seen as 1 drive….
I would like to make one big drive to put a Data Base on. I do hope I explained this clearly…

This discussion is locked

All Comments