General discussion
July 9, 2003 at 08:47 PM
supertechie

Windows 2000 Server VPN prob.

by supertechie . Updated 23 years, 3 months ago

I have a Windows 2000 Advanced server between myself and the internet. It offers a variety of services (web, terminal services, ftp, teamspeak) to my friends and family. I’d like to set this machine up as a 2 way VPN gateway, so i can VPN to it to get seamless internet access, and also have people VPN into it to access my network transparently. It’s on a cablemodem DHCP address, but has a static hostname. the network side has a static ip address. The main reason i need this is i run a games server which will not work from a machine working on a NAT connection. I therefore either need people to vpn into me, or be able to appear as though i do not have a nat connection to the internet.
Any suggestions, or solutions?
Supertechie.

This discussion is locked

All Comments