General discussion
February 14, 2003 at 02:18 AM
lisav

Wins errors on the BDC: event ID 4102

by lisav . Updated 23 years, 5 months ago

I have been left in charge of managing a Windows 2000 server network with one Domain Controller and a BDC running Windows 2000 server. This is a small network of about 30 users with 2 subnets. We have 2 VPN firewalls for our WAN running on each side to connect to each subnet. The BDC event viewer has been logging a lot of WINS replication errors and I am not exactly sure how to resolve it. The event ID is 4102: “Connection was aborted by the remote WINS. Remote WINS may not be configured toreplicate with the server”. When I look at WINS on the BDC, it is all setup to replicate to the PDC. If I look at WINS on the PDC, there is nothing setup in WINS. Any help would be appreciated. I am still in the learning process here and am onlyan MCP. It’s been dumped in my lap and I would like to be able to resolve these errors. The network is running fine and there have been no user issues at all, I’m just concerned about the errors being logged on the BDC.

This discussion is locked

All Comments