The year is winding down and perhaps you’re taking a retrospective look at where you are in your career and what you want to achieve in the new year. One achievement may take the form of a certification. In this blog, I’ll offer a look at what you can expect from one cert process in particular-that for ITIL.
What are the benefits of ITIL certification?
Here are the benefits as outlined by the Council for Excellence in Government:
- ITIL Certification is recognized worldwide.
- Organizations that have ITIL-certified staff are considered leaders in IT Service Management (ITSM).
- The Council/Consulting-Portal’s ITIL course reduces the time to certification by leveraging your experience and focusing only on what you need to know.
- Studying ITIL processes and practical case studies prepares each candidate for implementation of ITIL within their IT organizations.
- The Certification examination delivered at the end of the class is an approved ITIL examination.
- Consulting-Portal’s ITSM practitioners average 20 years of IT experience and bring real-world ITSM implementation experience to the classroom to complement ITIL instruction.
- ITIL Foundation training is a pre-requisite to in-depth training for either the ITIL Practitioner or Service Management training programs.
- ITIL training focuses your IT workforce on the many roles they play in delivering those services
Who should get ITIL certification?
- Contracting Officers
- Help Desk Managers
- Infrastructure Managers
- Infrastructure Technical Leads
What your investment will be
The average ITIL course lasts about three days, but some people study up to six months on their own. The fees for the training courses and material are usually between $200.00 to $225.00 in the U.S. ($285 in Australia, £100 – £135 in the UK).
Subscribe to the Project Management Insider Newsletter
Subscribe to Project Management Insider for best practices, reviews and resources. From project scheduling software to project planning apps, stay up to date with the latest in project management tools. Delivered Wednesdays