General discussion

ado 6.0 data control with Access 2000

By gpederson ·
I developed a form using two ado data controls set to provide query based record sets to an ado DataGrid and a DataList control. It was developed using Northwind as a test base and works fine. But it refuses to operate when connected to an Access 2000 table. Error Message: "Too Few Parameters".

The form module code stops - every time - at the .Refresh statement when running 2000 tables.

Can anyone help me? I am big time stuck.

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Glen_McLeod In reply to ado 6.0 data control wit ...

I think you may have to change your the Provider value in your connection string. (You don't mention which version of Northwind you're refering to, but there has been one with every version of Access since 7.0(Access95) and with SQL Server since 7.0)

Originally, the ADO DC that shipped with VB 6.0 used the Jet 3.x provider, but Access 2000 uses Jet 4.0.

Glen

Collapse -

by gpederson In reply to ado 6.0 data control wit ...

Thank you for the help. I am using Visual Studio 6.0, Enterprise Edition. The Northwind data base came with Access 2000. Nwind is in, I believe, Access 97 and is accessible via the Jet 4.0 provider.

I had to convert Nwind to load it into 2000.Nothing seems to work when running the same strings through an Access 2000 db.

Thanks again,

Gary

Back to Web Development Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)