General discussion

"_INS0576 caused an invalid page fault.

By LkgForSpace ·
I'm troublshooting an AMD K6-2 500 PC with 128 mg memory,(131K total), with a 15G hard drive, 50X CD-ROM, S3 Trio3D PCI video card, Asound PCI audio card, a Logitech PS-2 MarbleWheel mouse and a Roadrunner Cable Modem. My problem is when I try to install or play any program using the CD-ROM, the program will install (play) halfway through then give an "_INS0576 has caused an invalid page fault in module *.*" error and stop. The only CDs that run are music CDs. I've been to the Microsoft Knowledge Base but can't seem to find any answers. Can anyone out there give me an answer to this problem? It would make my client and me VERY happy!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ShanePri In reply to "_INS0576 caused an inval ...

I am assuming your running win98. It sounds like the amd processor is having trouble handling the mmx extensions. The microsoft operating systems are somewhat geared toward intel processors, likewise with majority of programs/games. Try using a different video card, (if this is a game issue), like a pci voodoo card so you can run the app using glide instead of directx. If this happens in every thing not just games, try a different os, (windows 2000 perhaps). If you are on win2k have you installed latest service pack? One more thing that might help, go to amd's website & look around for any patches that they might have released that relate to your issue. Hope I could help.

Collapse -

by LkgForSpace In reply to "_INS0576 caused an inval ...

I apologize for not mentioning that I was running Win98 on the system and while the information that was given is useful in a hardware/software situation, my problem was strictly a software issue. I consulted another tech friend and he helped me solve the issue by telling me to install Windows 98 SE because of a glitch in Windows 98 first edition that caused an install problem with any graphics software.

Collapse -

by LkgForSpace In reply to "_INS0576 caused an inval ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)