General discussion

1000 points Exchange 5.5 Admin account

By mmbc_voltron ·
I just got into the admin mailbox cause it hasn't been done in awhile and saw that there are 430,000 messages in there and tried to highlihgt all and delete but couldn't. I have to delete groups of like 3,000 and that is going to take too long.
How can I delete these emails in the easyest way.
I think I can't delete the main admin account in exchange but I will try that first while I am waiting for an answer.
Points will be double for the person that answers in the next day with the right answer.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by McKayTech In reply to 1000 points Exchange 5.5 ...

A couple of options come to mind but I think the first I would try would be to use Outlook to archive all the contents (make sure you have enough space to create a huge *.pst file).

Then you can just whack the pst file and be done with it.

Whatever method you choose, you will almost certainly want to run a defrag afterwards using eseutil.exe to recover the space that will be freed up by eliminating the half-million messages that have built up.

regards,

paul

Collapse -

by mmbc_voltron In reply to 1000 points Exchange 5.5 ...

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

Archiving takes too long what other options do I have.

Collapse -

by muso In reply to 1000 points Exchange 5.5 ...

I would recommend using the Exmerge utility(Exchange Server CD) to export the contents that way you can do it in the background without preventing use of Outlook while it completes the export. Select the Atchive option and it will stip the email outof the mailbox as it goes then you can delete this .PST file.

Collapse -

by muso In reply to 1000 points Exchange 5.5 ...

sorry about the typos !...........Select the Archive option and it will strip the email out of the mailbox as it goes then you can delete this .PST file.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)