General discussion

100,000 Dead Iraqi's

By ProtiusX ·
Ok Bucky since you won?t pony up I thought I?d do it for you. The number of dead Iraqi?s that the DNC and leftist media keeps spewing forth comes from a survey report from John Hopkins University (Boy they?re centrist aren?t they!) that claims ?about 100,000 Iraqi civilians have died as a result of the war?.
When one looks at the figures of the study the only conclusion is that these results are a load of tosh.
?The report's authors derive this figure by estimating how many Iraqis died in a 14-month period before the U.S. invasion, conducting surveys on how many died in a similar period after the invasion began (more on those surveys later), and subtracting the difference. That difference?the number of "extra" deaths in the post-invasion period?signifies the war's toll. That number is 98,000. But read the passage that cites the calculation more fully:
We estimate there were 98,000 extra deaths (95% CI 8000-194 000) during the post-war period.
Readers who are accustomed to perusing statistical documents know what the set of numbers in the parentheses means. For the other 99.9 percent of you, I'll spell it out in plain English?which, disturbingly, the study never does. It means that the authors are 95 percent confident that the war-caused deaths totaled some number between 8,000 and 194,000. (The number cited in plain language?98,000?is roughly at the halfway point in this absurdly vast range.)? ? Fred Kaplan MSN
So there you go Bucky my boy. Put that in your saucer and spin it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Unanswered

by Bucky Kaufman (MCSD) In reply to 100,000 Dead Iraqi's

You never answered the question - how many innocent Iraqis have to die before you're convinced they don't have nuclear missiles and aren't al Quaeda - 100,000? 90,000? 6,000,000? All of them?

Why did you vote to keep the war going on indefinitely?

What is it about dark-skinned, foreign-born, non-christians in general that scares you so much?

Collapse -

Nice Question

by ProtiusX In reply to Unanswered

You are presupposing that those people who died in Iraq are all innocent. I will not quibble with you on the numbers because just one non-combatant killed is too much. What you are failing to realize is that a great deal of these non-combatants casualties are a direct result of your Iraqi freedom fighters ensconcing themselves in the midst of the non-combatants for the specific purpose of using them as human shields and propaganda. It happened in Mogadishu and it is a common tactic used by insurgents who care nothing for the people they kill and only for their twisted ideology.
Why do you think that Bush will keep the war going on indefinitely? Why do you think that I am afraid of dark-skinned, foreign-born, non-Christians? I work with them every day as a matter of fact.

Back to Community Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums