General discussion

2003 global address list update next day

By jdamico ·
Hi, all! We are running Exchange 2003 on an Windows 2000 server. Updates to Exchange info for existing accounts or new accounts in Active Directory are not shown in the global address list until the following day. I have the Recipient Update Service for the domain set to "always run". I have also tried "update now" on the recipient update service but that does not work. Any ideas? Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to 2003 global address list ...

Have you tried restarting the Exchange SA, MTA and Info Store services? I had a similar situation, couldn't figure out what was happening, tried running RUS manually, etc., and nothing would update. Finally, I restarted the three main services and every seemed to operate normally after that. Don't know still what actually caused the problem.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by jdamico In reply to

thanks much - turns out the Exchange server needed to be set as the domain controller - of course there is still an 8 hour delay in updating the GAL (distribution groups update immediately).

Collapse -

by jdamico In reply to 2003 global address list ...

Curlergirl: Tried restarting the services as you suggested but no luck. Noticed a new problem today; distribution lists that were previously working OK now don't seem to be updating with newly added email addresses. all is well in AD but for whatever reason the newbies don't show up. I am going to to a rebuild on the RUS this evening...

Collapse -

by jdamico In reply to 2003 global address list ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)