General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

access 2000 database

by rafael ·

I copy my database that I created on windows 95 with access 2000 to my new computer with with windows 98 office 2000, when I try to open the database it keeps telling that I don’t have read access could you please tell me what’s the best way to movemy database and be able to open it.

Thank you,

Rafael Jimenez

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

access 2000 database

by shmaltz ·

In reply to access 2000 database

You did not say how you copied it from win95 to win98. I assume you used either a network or a floppy. Make sure the attributes of the file you try to open is not set to read only. If you used a CD to move the file and then copied it from the CD to the Hard Drive than the read only attribute is set to read only by default. To change the attribute for a file in DOS type ‘attrib -r’ in windows right click on the file and choose properties and clear the read only check.

access 2000 database

by donq ·

If the original .mdb file was constructed using Access 95 it is no longer compatable with either Access 98 or Access 2000.

You shouldn’t “copy” from machine to machine but rather copy your original to a shared network, disk, or CD and “open” thatcopy from within a running copy of Access 98 and/or Access 2000 on your target machine so the database engine can convert the earlier VBA database instructions.

There is a world of difference between 95 and 2000. Good luck and you may need to upgrade 95 to 98, and then move to 2000?

Just make sure your original is closed and set as shared before you copy it somewhere to begin the process.

access 2000 database

by rafael ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 2 reply threads