General discussion

Access 2000 subform delete lockup

By ferrierj ·
I have a name subform under an address parent with a link to Contacts (containing phone numbers, fax, email, etc). When I delete a name the program freezes.

One Address has multiple names living/working there with one to one link to contacts table

Any assistance would be appreciated.

ferrierj@pacbell.net

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 subform delete lockup

by SanKulPune In reply to Access 2000 subform delet ...

Hello ferrierj,

My limited experience with sub-forms suggests that most of the sub-form problems are related to relationship between the tables having one to many relationship and other data related properties like 'AllowEdits'.

The best way to create trouble free sub-form is to create a query based on multiple tables having 'one to many' relationship and include primary key and not the foreign key in the query. When you create an auto-form based on this query, the form, created with subform, works without any of the problems mentioned in various questions.

Please study carefully the topic 'How Microsoft Access links main forms and subforms' in the on-line help of Access 2000. Make sure especially that you satisfy both the conditions specified therein

If it does not help you, I might be able help out if I can have look at the tables, their relation ship and the form/sub-form design.

Your early feedback will be highly appreciated.

SanganakSakha,
A Friend In Need

Back to Web Development Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)