General discussion

Access 2000 Update query

By nan.mike ·
I am teaching Beginner's MS Access and, to my surprise, could not get an update query to work right on the PC's in the lab that I am using, although it works fine on my PC at home. The updated fields appear in the query and the update is performed but not all of the fields appear. For instance, I am adding 10% to cost of Tour but I also want the Tour name and other fields that I have chosed to place in the design grid to appear next to the corresponding updated figure. The only columns that appear on the lab PC's are those that have calculations. Does anyone know what is happening?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 Update query

by Bristar In reply to Access 2000 Update query

I have had more than one instance of something working on a home PC but not at school. Is your school version less than your home version? Also, do you have your proper references checked (VBA, ADO, DAO, etc..)?

Collapse -

Access 2000 Update query

by nan.mike In reply to Access 2000 Update query

Same version. I am not sure how to check for proper references (VBA, ADO, DAO, etc).

Collapse -

Access 2000 Update query

by Bristar In reply to Access 2000 Update query

Go to Project, References and make sure that the home and school versions match. You'll see the list available.

Collapse -

Access 2000 Update query

Thanks for the tip. I don't know if it will work but at least now I know how to check references. I opened a new module and went to Tools\References. Hope I am in the right place!

Collapse -

Access 2000 Update query

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)