General discussion

Access 2002 truncates Memo Field

By Ragman ·
I moved to Access 2002 although 2000 has the same issue. I have a Memo field that is consistantly truncated when I try to output the information as part of a report. The information was originally added to the database via cut and paste from excel. Can expand and shrink have no effect. I can look at the information in the table or on a form but am limited when I get to a report. Am I toast?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by angela.brown2 In reply to Access 2002 truncates Mem ...

Try applying the most recent Microsoft Office service pack. Also, if the field contains more the 255 characters this may be your problem.

Collapse -

by Ragman In reply to

Thanks, but yes the some of the information in the memo field is over 255 characters, which is the point of a "memo" field. I just can't get it to output in a report.

Collapse -

by karen_terminiello In reply to Access 2002 truncates Mem ...

Just a thought ... Do you have the "can grow" property on the memo field in the report set to "yes"?

Collapse -

by alysondunsford In reply to Access 2002 truncates Mem ...

ragman
did your memo field have any formatting - if it does access will convert the data type of the field to text in report and form format!

Collapse -

by Ragman In reply to

Thanks - that's what I was looking for. I'm toast, but it's another case of a fine access "feature". Just like importing a number string you want to have as a text field.

Collapse -

by Ragman In reply to Access 2002 truncates Mem ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)