Question

• Creator
    Topic

Access 2003 Entering Data in Forms

by jacob.mcleod ·

I created a form with a subform comprised of data from several linked tables in several other access databases (there is too much information being managed for one or two databases with the 2 gig limit) . The neither the form or subform will not allow new entries, even though the AllowAdditions, AllowEdits, and AllowDeletions properties are all set to “Yes.” Even the toolbar commands for add or deleting entries are not selectable. How do I get this form to allow new entries?

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by jacob.mcleod ·

In reply to Access 2003 Entering Data in Forms

Clarifications

Have you checked the permissions for the user

by tony hopkinson ·

In reply to Access 2003 Entering Data in Forms

you are logged on as?
      Also if you are using joins to put up the data, this may mean they can’t be edited, all depends that one.

PS, why don’t you use SQL Server and then just write the front end in access, it’s going to run like an absolute dog with that much data.

SQL Server

by jacob.mcleod ·

In reply to Have you checked the permissions for the user

I thought about that earlier but didn’t want to wade through the process of getting the network permissions. How difficult would it be to move all the data I have so far into an SQL server? (once said permissions are obtained)

Depends, but if it’s a full copy of 2000 / 2005

by tony hopkinson ·

In reply to SQL Server

the built in tools will take about a minute to fill in the dialogs.
          MSDE or express you don’t get as much support, but if you have a full copy somewhere, use the tools on that, back it up and restore it it your system.

Viewing 1 reply thread