General discussion

Access2000 freeze/disappearing help

By msterling ·
Working to design subforms in Access2000 (novice developer). As I try this and that -- and make errors of course -- eventually, either Access itself freezes completely or the wizards and help functions disappear. I've been invoking the ExprBuilder as well. I haven't been having any other problems w/Access to date; is this a peculiarity of the subform/wizards/ExprBuilder triumvirate?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by donq In reply to Access2000 freeze/disappe ...

I'm confused??? Are you having problems with Access - or is Access responding properly to operator problems??? You would do well to re-word your problem so it presents some sort of logic you repeat just before everything blows up???

I have usedQAccess daily for 8 years and never heard such? Sorry I just don't understand your problem now (but I probably did the same no-no you are doing now 8 years ago!!).

Collapse -

by msterling In reply to Access2000 freeze/disappe ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Probably a function of my making too many mistakes or too many of a certain type. As I'm trying to develop subforms, I find that I get error messages when trying to close of the type that tell me I'm violating the no-duplicates characteristic of a field or unique indexes, etc. Do I want to close anyway? Yes, I do. But, I suspect that after I do this awhile, something in the "back" of Access rebels and corrupts a file(s). But, when I took an Access workshop a couple of months ago, the instructormentioned (without elaboration) that there were "problems" w/Subform & Subdatasheet wizards and with the ExprBuilder.

Collapse -

by James_Randy In reply to Access2000 freeze/disappe ...

If you are still tackling this problem, perhaps you should consider calling your local super-hero.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Web Development Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)