Question

acer 5612 wsmi boot up problems

By FaizaanGafoor ·
hi i have an acer laptop which i had for the past 3 months and worked fine all the time up until recently it does not want to boot it freezes after 3 seconds of booting and nothing on the laptop would respond once it freezes so which means i cant even switch the laptop off i have to take the battery out to get it off ,however if i leave the laptop overnight and switch it on in the morning it works it boots into windows i can even watch a movie but not long after that it freezes again any suggestions

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

bad memory?

by edwardspratt In reply to acer 5612 wsmi boot up pr ...

first try to go into BIOS and poke around there for a while (dont change anything)... does it freeze? (if it does, do not mark out memory)

turn off and remove one memory strip... does it freeze?

replace and remove the other... does it freeze?

If you have only one, check with a friend and see if theirs match your type... use that one.

I would lastly use a Live-CD and run that for a while... does it freeze then? (if this works and you are able to use the Live CD plan on a new hard drive)

Collapse -

freezing within 3 seconds

by FaizaanGafoor In reply to bad memory?

i have tested the ram,it does not seem to be the ram,and i cant run any cds cause it freezing within 3 seconds

Collapse -

memory

by FaizaanGafoor In reply to bad memory?

oh sorry itdoesnt freeze when the memory stick is taken out

Collapse -

Well then as you can test the RAM after leaving it overnight

by OH Smeg In reply to memory

You can try The Ultimate Boot CD available here

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Or you can get some new RAM which I would expect to be the problem here. You can look up on one of the Memory Makers Web Sites for the type that you need so try here by entering your Computers details and then go looking for something suitable.

http://www.corsair.com/

Col

Back to Smartphones Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums