Question

Address List, Exchange 2003

By csparker1 ·
I am attempting to create an Address List that lists both users and groups. Currently I can only list one or the other, not both. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Possible solution, but need more details.

by jswentworth In reply to Address List, Exchange 20 ...

Are you trying to create this list within the Active Directory user/group manager? Within the Exchange Manager? Within Outlook?
In Outlook it's fairly simple to create a mixed distribution list. Just File -> New -> Distribution list and add the groups/users you want. I had no trouble creating a mixed list there.
In Exchange follow the instructions here http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-5555182.html
And make sure "Mail Enabled groups" and "Users with Exchange Mailboxes" are both checked in your filter rules. I haven't had any trouble making mixed address lists here either.

If those don't work then I'll need more details about what you are doing.

Collapse -

More details...

by csparker1 In reply to Possible solution, but ne ...

Well, I am creating the list via Exchange Manager and am filtering based on "Company". The issue is when you filter based on this criteria, you can only do it based on user or group, not both. Am I missing something and/or is there a way I can manually modify the filter rules to the code level?

Collapse -

correction

by csparker1 In reply to More details...

the filter criteria is based on "Custom Attribute" due to groups not having a "Company" attribute.

Collapse -

Figured It Out!

by csparker1 In reply to Possible solution, but ne ...

Thanks for the help... I found a resolution to my issue. There is a Custom Search option..

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)