Question

Addressing emails in Outlook 2007

By bobengel ·
At one time, I was able to type into the email addressee line just a few letters of the first name of a listing in the address book. The closest match would then appear with the full email address.

Now, I must manually select the addressee from the address book. This occurred after I had to reinstall Office 2007. Please advise me of the setting in Outlook that reinstates this useful feature.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

i'm not sure if i'm right on this one but...

by PurpleSkys In reply to Addressing emails in Outl ...

because you had to reinstall your Outlook, you'll have to retrain it all over again to do that (if that makes any sense)...we always backup our outlook before we reinstall it, that way we don't loose most of our emails and contacts as well.
If I'm incorrect, I'm sure some of the others will correct me and point you in the right direction.
edit: because i decided to actually look...under tools, options, preferences, email options, advanced email options, when sending a message...make sure there is a tick mark in "suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields" hope this helps

Collapse -

Addressing in outlook

by Nimmo In reply to Addressing emails in Outl ...

There is a file with an .nk2 extension that holds this auto completes information, unfortunately the file can only contain 1000 entries and on the 1001st it will be reset to 0.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)