General discussion

Assign media in Arcserve 2000

By Blackcurrant ·
Hi

We use Arcserve 2000 Workgroup edition. I was going through the tapes and discovered that some of them do not appear in the media pool.

I merged each tape so the information is in the database. Next, I opened the relevant media pool and clicked 'Assign' so I could add the missing media to the pool. However, after clicking assign, the missing tapes are not listed in the Available Media list.

Does anyone know how I may assign these media to the relevant media pool?

All the missing media were created using this installation of Arcserve. Arcserve is located on a single server - there are no agents. The server is a domain controller running W2K Server with SBS 2000.

Please ask if you require further information.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to Assign media in Arcserve ...

I have been looking at the disks in the Arcserve Device manager window and have noticed that each of the tapes missing from the media pool is sequence 2. Are they not showing because they are somehow linked to the seuence 1 tapes?? Seems a bit strange...

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Assign media in Arcserve ...

With all the hoorible reports I've heard on ArcServe 2000, my first suspicion would be buggy code. You're an old hand, so I am guessing that you have already downloaded all the patches.

You may want to sweep the ESupport site to see if they have that one listed.

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to

Hi BFilmFan, thanks again for answering.

Collapse -

Hi BFilmFan

Yes, all the service packs are installed. I have also tried searching the CA site and their supportconnect site as well without success. I have yet to do a comprehensive search though...

Also, ArcServe 2000, while not perfect, has served our needs very nicely. It is buggy, but once you identify the problem areas they are not difficult to overcome.

Thanks for answering

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)