General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Attachments disappear in Outlook 2000

by rbrown ·

In the last week emails have been sent with attachments to recipients where the email was received but not the attachment. If I go to my sent items, the message with the attachment is in tact. I use outlook/office2000 and windows 2000

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by dklippert ·

In reply to Attachments disappear in Outlook 2000

If your recipient is not using Outlook, change to plain text or HTML for the format and the problem should disappear.

by timwalsh ·

Do you have this problem with all recipients or only certain ones?

One possibility to have the recipient check: Some email/security administrators are filtering out any type of executable attachment. This is done with incoming email and is an attempt to stop virus-laden executable attachments from infecting their networks.

by ann777 ·

In many cases, administrators of remote sites are encourages to strip out attachments. When you get reports of people receiving your e-mail, but not the attachment…. then resend the attachment with a “.zzz” extension to the file name and informyour receiver that they will need to copy the attachment to their local hdd, rename the file to a .exe or .zip or whatever, and then they should be able to use it fine.

by rbrown ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 3 reply threads