General discussion

AutoCad 2007

By bytemi ·
I want to install AutoCad 2007 on the network along with the currently installation of Autocad 2006. We are not using network license manager and I need both installs to exist together in peace. If anyone has done this, I would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you,
Adele

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to AutoCad 2007

No I haven't tried but I think that you'll run into problems as some of the 2006 .DLL's will be overwritten which may render the 2006 version of the program unusable.

I would suggest testing this on a machine not networked before you even consider rolling out the installation which is obviously going to be a Mission Critical Application.

Col

Collapse -

by bytemi In reply to

thank you for your help.

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to AutoCad 2007

Unless you have purchased a new network installation you legally cannot use 2006 past a reasonable time period.
We had 2000i and 2005 running concurrently as they use different flex managers, but the intent of an upgrade is to upgrade to the new and stop using the old. 2000i and 2005 worked fine on the same computer during the change over so I suspect 2006 and 2007 should also.

Collapse -

by bytemi In reply to

We purchased the full version not an upgrade. Thank you I know how to keep my shop license complient.

Collapse -

by bytemi In reply to AutoCad 2007

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)