General discussion

Backup Exchange 2003 Mailbox Prob.

By CGriffith318 ·
When I do a full backp of my Exchange 2003 Mailboxes. I recieve the error that the directory is invalid. This only happens to the mailboxes that I have hidden in Exchange. Does anyone know a way to stop this? I still want to backup those mailboxes.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Backup Exchange 2003 Mail ...

In order to backup hidden folders in exchange 2003, you have to give some extra privileges at the account you are using to start the remote agent on the machine/s you are running Exchange 2003.

You should try this, open the exchange's system manager and point at your top level icon (organization), then right click on it and select "Delegate Control", press next and ath the "User or Groups" dialog, press add and select the aforementioned account from your domain account, at the role section select "Exchange Full Administrator", press OK and then press next and complete the procedure.
I guess that this will solve your problem.

Try after that to see through your backup program's administrative interface, the mailboxes you have mentioned.

I know that this solution works for the Veritas backup products.

Collapse -

by CGriffith318 In reply to

The user listed as Exchange Full Administrator is the same user that is the logon account for Veritas.

Collapse -

by CGriffith318 In reply to Backup Exchange 2003 Mail ...

I am using Veritas Backup Exec v9.0

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Backup Exchange 2003 Mail ...

By default, administrators have denied access to user mailboxes, you need to Grant Send As/Receive As rights on user mailboxes to backup them up fully. See server or store properties to change permissions.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)