Question

Blank 'from' address line in Outlook 2003

By Zpunky ·
In our office we periodically get bounced email because, as it turns out, the "From" line in the the sent email is blank. It's only obvious when you open the piece of email from the Sent folder and see the blank "From" line. Research suggests that it may be blocked as SPAM because there is no apparent 'sender'. The return error is:

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x0004b9-0x000501].

I've researched through Microsoft and Google, using variants of the Title of this post, maybe I'm notusing the correct terms. Anyone have an idea what the fix is? Our environment is: Hosted Exchange over dedicated T1, Outlook 2003 SP2, on XP Professional (Version 2002) SP2.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Blank "from" field

by JSFSR In reply to Blank 'from' address line ...

We are having the same problem, but it seems to be very random and so far as I know only one user, one of the owners of course, has this problem.
Unfortunately Microsoft says that Office SP2 fixes the problem, but it does not.
We are using office 2003 SP3, an in house Exchange 2007 server, XP Pro SP3 and are still experiencing the problem.
If we find a solution we will let you know.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)