General discussion

Blocking Web in AutoCad2000 via Fotress

By M Trump ·
Here's a fun one, I need to block access to the Internet for CAD classes here in my system BUT AutoCad 2000 seems to have a built-in web browser that isn't affiliated with Internet Explorer. I'm using Fortress 4.0 and have had no trouble whatsoeverlocking down Internet access on other stations in the system by giving no access to Iexplore.exe (and not installing Netscape)and at times locking that portion of the registry BUT that won't work for these desktops running AutoCad. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by doc_howell In reply to Blocking Web in AutoCad2 ...

If you don't need a netowrk at all disable the TCPIP settings on each PC.

If you need network access, could you use NetBeui protocol instead of TCPIP?

DO you have a firewall, you could block them from that.

You could create a 10.10.0.0 network. I can't tell you exactly how that is done but if you need the TCPIP protocol, the 10.10 network is a valid set of addresses that will not go outside of the local network router.

Give these a try and maybe that will do it for you.

Collapse -

by M Trump In reply to Blocking Web in AutoCad2 ...

I need the network (Novell) accessable for students to access their files PLUS they need to be able to access the Internet at times for other assignments/research (which is why Fortress has been so helpful, you can switch options on and off) so I can't uninstall TCP/IP...thought of that already :-( No firewall, Net Admin's working on it. NetBEUI won't get me on the Web! Any other ideas?

Collapse -

by bryan_hartman In reply to Blocking Web in AutoCad2 ...

After checking autocad's web page it seems that you can install autocad2000 without the web features.

you would have to do a custom install and select the web features to install it.

Collapse -

Tried that already but to no avail, you can still get to the Internet by simply opening a document....sort of like how Win 98 has the little globe intigrated into it's shell toolbars to access the Web although in this application Internet Explorer isn't used. It has it's own browser whether or not you install the added features, thanks anyway though!

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Community Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)