Question

Can I upgrade from an Intel 2200BG wireless card?

By buck ·
I have a Thinkpad R51 with an Intel 2200BG wireless card. The card is intermittently dropping the connection and I can't figure out why. I've upgraded the drivers. Uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter, and none of my other laptops are having signal problems in the same location. I've read of others having problems with this card, but have seen no usable solutions.

I've got a router capable of BG and N, so I'm thinking maybe I should just upgrade to another card that can receive N and either that may solve the problem or the mere change of card will solve the problem. Can anyone suggest an N card that will work in my R51? If not,is there anything I can swap in for the 2200BG?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You should contact Lenovo here for a solution

by OH Smeg In reply to Can I upgrade from an Int ...

They are the agents for this these days and are the correct people who can answer this question.

But generally speaking No you can not upgrade WiFi Cards in NB's as the NB is made to accept the card that it comes with and new cards with different Chip Sets & Features have different packaging meaning that the shape and mounting points are wrong for your NB.

You could however use a USB WiFi Adapter which is a cheap and fast change to do the same thing.

Col

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)