General discussion

cannot receive mail (0x800CCC0F)

By claire0277 ·
I am using win XP pro with outlook 2003 and Norton anti virus (NAV) 2005.

I can send mail but when trying to receive mail I get the following error message:
Task 'Chello - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 2915 octets follow.'

I did some research and followed the advice of disabling NAV ?scan incoming Email?.
I could then receive incoming mail. However, I want to enable the NAV incoming scan. So I enabled it again and made sure the ?protect against timeouts? is enabled as well.

For a while I can receive incoming mail, but after a few minutes the problem reoccurs.

Can any of you please help me with this; have NAV incoming mail scan enabled and to be able to consistently receive messages?

Thanks!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Do you have a firewall running? If so, it could be blocking NAV 2005 (not your email program, as you say it works when disabling NAV), which will result in the error you are getting.

You could try some of the solutions available at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514 to see if they help.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to cannot receive mail (0x80 ...

You could also try increasing the time delay before it times out as this appears to be the problem here.

To do this open your Mail Client and click on Tools then E Mail Accounts in the drop Down Menu and then the proprieties tab of your account and go to Advanced and increase the Time period to about 5 minutes from the default 1 minute.

That may be sufficient or you may need to follow the advice in the above answer.

Col

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to cannot receive mail (0x80 ...

You could also try increasing the time delay before it times out as this appears to be the problem here.

To do this open your Mail Client and click on Tools then E Mail Accounts in the drop Down Menu and then the proprieties tab of your account and go to Advanced and increase the Time period to about 5 minutes from the default 1 minute.

That may be sufficient or you may need to follow the advice in the above answer.

Col

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)