Question

Cannot Uninstall Office2003!

By Virgoan ·
my user was unable to read excel. after a few checking i decided to reinstall the office 2003.i tried to uninstall the office first before reinstall but this message was displaying "the patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." i wonder why this could happened and why office 2003 cannot be uninstalled? the os for that particular pc is runnng on windows 2k prof. user only has user rights. expert out there, awaiting your good solution. many thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Patch then remove

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Cannot Uninstall Office20 ...

Try going to Microsoft's Office Update site while logged on as an account with Administrator privileges. Let it install the Office patches, reboot, then try removing Office.

Collapse -

Didn't Help!

by Virgoan In reply to Patch then remove

Thanks for your prompt reply but it didn't help! The quicker way for me to solve the problem is to reformat and reinstall the OS again! Thereafter, no problem for me to reinstall the Office. By the way, i keep D partition untouch. I know this a bit tedious but at least solved my problem once and for all and faster also... :)

Collapse -

Try

by Jesus_C In reply to Cannot Uninstall Office20 ...

repair option and reinstall option first before uninstalling.Do this by inserting the cd.

Collapse -

Thanks!

by Virgoan In reply to Try

Thanks for your reply. My problem already solved! :)

Collapse -

next time

by kpak44wh In reply to Thanks!

you could also find a free uninstall program, sometimes they
uninstall everything without any hassles, or hidden files. that
might work too.

Collapse -

noted with thanks!

by Virgoan In reply to next time
Collapse -

office reomve tool

by churi.milind In reply to Cannot Uninstall Office20 ...

i have 2 office version 03&07 are not remove plz give solution

Back to Software Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)