General discussion

cant use office 2000

By tess1951 ·
when i try to open any of the programs in o 2000 the forms come up but i get an error message that this application must be installed to run its there i just cant use it

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

cant use office 2000

by pierrejamme In reply to cant use office 2000

You might as weel do a reinstall and select "Run All From My Computer" for each and every product you want to use. Then leave the CD in the drive and open Outlook because it will still want the CD. How M$ can get away with selling this buggy installations anymore is beyond me.
Then as soon as you reboot get ready to uncheck the box on the "Optimizer" as it will lock you up tight.

Collapse -

cant use office 2000

by tess1951 In reply to cant use office 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

cant use office 2000

by TheVen In reply to cant use office 2000

Microsoft has all these ridiculous rules for installing and running Office with multiple users. It can get very confusing. In your particular situation, usually installing Office 2000 a second time will kill that error message. Check out this link to the MS knowledge base that deals with your error message.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;233529

Collapse -

cant use office 2000

by TheVen In reply to cant use office 2000

By the way, pierrejam is right, you should always select "Run all from My Computer" from the "Customize" menu in the Office install. This will keep the user from needing the CD or network share every time they run a wizard.

Collapse -

cant use office 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

cant use office 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)