General discussion

Changing "From" In Outlook 97' 98' 2000

By tgreynolds ·
I have a number of users (~20) that have several email accounts. The problem is that they need to send email "From" xxxx@0001.com, xxxx@0002.com and xxx@003.com (NO this is not a spam service! We have tech people that work for all 4 of our different divisions) and the changing the "From" field only changes the title and not the header information. These messages are being screened at the header level and are being rejected or are giving unwanted info to the person replying to their email. Is there any way to change the information without having to set up completely new profiles for each account (sometimes as many as 4 per person) and exit Outlook and open under a new profile?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by techrepublic.com In reply to Changing "From" In Outloo ...

With HPJD's you can telnet into the box - if it is a new box the default IP address is 192.0.0.192
If you cannot telnet from your machine, telnet into the remote router and telnet from there

Before trying this do remove all entries from the lmhost file

Collapse -

by tgreynolds In reply to Changing "From" In Outloo ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Nate Hoy In reply to Changing "From" In Outloo ...

Yes there is, at least in Outlook 98. The actual "from" dialog may not be available, but there is another alternative.

You have to set up multiple email servers, then you can click on the "Options" burron before you send the email and select theserver you want to use to send the email. Included in this server setting is the "from" and "reply-to" email addresses.

You can set the same actual SMTP server name on all 4 service setups if you always use the same SMTP server.

I use this myself, as I have several ISP's I use and I need to switch SMTP servers.

Collapse -

Collapse -

Simply drag-and-drop the messages to the set of folders you want, then right-click on the junk ones and click on "Remove" (I do not have Outlook 98 at work so I cannot quote the exact option, but there should be a "Remove these folders" or somethinglike that.) Be sure you are clicking on the TOP level folder for each set of personal folders, and you should see a remove option there.

Collapse -

Collapse -

Sorry, please ignore Answer 3 - it got posted to the wrong question.

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)