General discussion

Code for refreshing in Access 2000?

By Joshua Miller ·
Does anyone know how to write code or a macro for refreshing a form? I tried requery and repaint. It didn't work. Is there any other way to do it besides SetKeys? If not what is the set keys for form refreshing? ALT + R + H... How do you write this in a macro? Thanks for all your help!
Joshua Miller
Riverside Computing, Inc.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Bob Sellman In reply to Code for refreshing in Ac ...

Either requery or recalc should do the job. Perhaps you aren't requesting it at the right time, such as the after update property for a value that is changing. The line of code would either be
me.recalc
or
me.requery

As an example, say you have a form with an "extra" control in the footer where the user can enter a new reference number and the form is based on a query that includes the condition that the reference number equals the value in the user entered control (which is not tied to any field in the table).

You would add to the code for the property after update of the control the following line:
me.recalc (or me.requery)

Then, when the user enters a new reference number and presses enter or tab, the records that match the new reference number will be displayed.

Collapse -

by Joshua Miller In reply to Code for refreshing in Ac ...

Sorry, Its not working! I have tried them both! Do you know setkeys?

Collapse -

by Joshua Miller In reply to Code for refreshing in Ac ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Web Development Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)