General discussion

Compaq Armada 1750. reinstall OS

By pompchas1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a Armada 1750 on Ebay. The computer worked find but all the software was licenced to a private company.

I eliminate that software and want to add my own (win XP) Ive up graded the ram to 192m from 64m and the proccessor is PII @ 366 MHtz which I'm leaving as is.

I reformated the Hard Drive without backing it up on cd (dummy) now

I'm stuck with a Laptop that boots to the start up menu where I'm able to restored factory default settings..

I've ordered a recovery disk with w95 on it and then want to upgrade it to winxp.

Will that work??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by WRAiTHY In reply to Compaq Armada 1750. reins ...

Hi,

All you need to do is use your WINXP CD to boot into the install routine. If you access the BIOS of your Laptop, you can verify that the CD ROM is set as one of the bootable devices. I usually set mine as the 1st bootable device and then save the config. If that does not work, you can use a bootdisk from bootdisk.com to boot into XP. Some Laptops do not allow you to boot directly from CD and yours may be one of them.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by eaglemaster1245 In reply to

As far as wanting to install XP on any machine that is only a 366 MHz with only 192 MB is beyong belief.

Yes it can be done and yes you can use the XP CD to get going but in the long run you will wish that you had purchase a little better machine.

Good Luck with your venture.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)