General discussion

Contacts Folder in Outlook 2000

By jay ·
Is there any way to redirect contacts to a folder other than the default Contacts folder in Outlook 2000.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Beldin32 In reply to Contacts Folder in Outloo ...

Outlook 2000 supports multiple address books, PABs etc. If you want another adress book, make sure the folder view is ticked (under the View menu), right-click on the persons inbox (or Personal Folders if stand alone) and select "new folder". For types of info stored choose contact items, call it something eg My other address book and save it. If you go into options you can then set all adresses you reply to, to be saved in this new folder etc.

If you have an exchange server your ability to force other adress books to be the default is much greater. Any folder with contact items in it can be your default folder. This includes PABs, WABs etc

Collapse -

by jay In reply to Contacts Folder in Outloo ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by nigebj In reply to Contacts Folder in Outloo ...

I assume you mean when automatically adding a contact when replying to a message. If so.
1. Create new folder (File/New/Folder)
2. Tools/Options - then on the Preferences Tab, press E-mail Options button. At the bottom of the form is "Automatically put people I reply to in" - you can browse and change the folder to the newly created folder.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)