General discussion
January 15, 2003 at 09:47 PM
bbd_itadmin

Convert PC from UNIX OS to Windows 2000

by bbd_itadmin . Updated 23 years, 8 months ago

We have a UNIX box we were using as our file server (with W2K workstations). We have since changed to a W2K server. Now we want to change the old UNIX box over to W2K.

I did not set this machine up, and most of the documentation is who knows where. The machine was set up without a CDROM drive. So first I have to get the software for the CDROM drive installed. How, since the install media is a CD, I have no idea. Next I must format the hard drives and install windows.

Basically this is a huge cry for HELP! Does anyone have any information on how I should approach this (before I pay too much to have an outside source come in and do this)?

Everyone’s help will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis Parr
Better By Design

This discussion is locked

All Comments