General discussion

Corrupt junk filter in Outlook 2003

By JBCavalier ·
Suddenly, perhaps because of a virus my junk mail goes into my inbox and a good amount of my good email goes to my junk mail. Even after going into NOT JUNK it continues to go into the Junk Box.
I have tried the scanpst file and it detects errors but I never find the files in the Folder List.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by darts32 In reply to Corrupt junk filter in Ou ...

Have you tried a repair or a reinstall of office? The Junk filter is not fool proof and will catch good mail and miss some junk mail.

Check to see if an update is available for your version of office.

Collapse -

by darts32 In reply to

You can remove the junk mail filter in add/remove programs. check the show updates box and under the office installation will be the updates applied. It should be KB916521

Collapse -

by JBCavalier In reply to Corrupt junk filter in Ou ...

I have tried the repair function several times.
Reinstalled one time.
Scanpst several times but I have a 10 meg file.
I have updated the junk filter to current and even tried to go back and then back up thinking that would clear the corrupt junk filter, but it will not allow any changes if you are running the current version of the junk filter.
I am familiar with some junk getting by, but my settings were working. But now it will take known junk (previously selected to junk (including my own address) and pitch in junk. Even when I go into the Junk file and hit Not-Junk it will continue to send it to junk.
I am guessing the answer is to somehow remove the junk filter or program and reinstall just the filter.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)