Question

D620 latitudes using a Dell docking station with Dell monitor

By emmanfredi ·
D620 latitudes using a Dell docking station with Dell monitor. Trying to configure
the laptop to extend the desktop from laptop to my DELL LCD. My primary is monitor one , what will my monitor 2 be setup to to have the desktop extend to it and still keep the laptop monitor accessible for doing something else.

In other words,
Want to configure one to be the primary and extend the desktop to the second one.

Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Extended Desktop

by MiamiPCTech In reply to D620 latitudes using a De ...

emmanfredi, the assumption here is that you are using Windows XP or Vista as older OSes do not support this feature.

Regarding what you are trying to accomplish, if your computer is under warranty you should contact Dell live support via Chat and they should be able to assist you.

However, if that is not the case I would dare to say that you will only be able to do what you intent to do if the OS sees you laptop monitor when you are in the docked profile. If you go to device manager under diplays and see two monitors then you are in good shape.

The laptop monitor would be 1 and the external one should be 2; However, if under the docked profile the laptop monitor is not present or transparent (not detected) then you are problably not going to be able to do that.

Ed

Back to Laptops Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)