General discussion

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #2176829

    DCOM errors when sending w/Exchange

    Locked

    by nateh ·

    Hi all,

    Running SBS2003 w/Exchange. New installation. Client is randomly getting emails bounced back. Sometimes they make it through, sometimes not – to the same legit address.

    I checked the error log and get the following error:
    ———————————————-
    Event ID: 10009

    DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer mx-a065a23.pas.sa.earthlink.net using any of the configured protocols.
    ———————————————-

    This is supposed to be going to a legitimate recipient(I have tested this address several times).

    I have never seen this type of error and cannot find anything in Microsoft regarding this.

    I don’t understand what DCOM has to do with SMTP or exchange communicating with other servers.

    HELP!!

    Nate

All Comments

Viewing 3 reply threads