General discussion


Del D830 types Wrong letters (numbers) from U to O down and right.

By Geoff5420 ·
I have a D830 Dell laptop I use for work (Configuring Enterprise routers, etc.). I have started to have a problem with the keyboard typing numbers and special characters at prompt, word, notepad, whatever. I found a key combo that would correct this and lost it. Does anyone have a clue to what this combo is. Obviously it is a something that send a change to the keyboard processor or the motherboard. I have exhausted hours in this and frustrated that I cannot find the knowledge again. If you have an idea I would really some help.


This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

CTRL +Shift?

That's the only one I'm aware of to change keyboard layout. Might be worth
a try though.

Collapse -

Repost as 'Q&A'

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Del D830 types Wrong lett ...

Try reposting this in the 'Q&A' forum. The 'Discussion' forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution. The 'Water Cooler' is for non-technical discussions. You can submit a question to 'Q&A' here:;content

There are TR members who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution. Although there is some overlap between the forums, you'll find more of those members in 'Q&A' than in 'Discussions' or 'Water Cooler'.

Be sure to use the voting buttons to provide your feedback. Voting a '+' does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours. If they have a ready source of reference available, perhaps won't need to repeat questions previously asked and answered. If a post did contain the solution to your problem, you can also close the question by marking the helpful post as "The Answer".

Related Discussions

Related Forums