General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Deleting a user from exchange 2000

by nkalifih ·

I have to delete some users off the network and i have deleted there NT account from active directory. Where do i have to go to delete there email account??? I cant seem to find anything! If i go to the exchange management system and find the mail boxes folder, i cant delete anyone. Please help!!!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Deleting a user from exchange 2000

by brasslet ·

In reply to Deleting a user from exchange 2000

Even when you delete a user from Windows 2000 AD and select the checkbox to delete the mailbox from Exchange, the user’s mail folder will still exist on the M: drive until the cleanup agent runs. This is setup by default for a period of 30 days, andallows “deleted” mailboxes to be recovered under Exchange 2000.

If you want to get the mailbox out before the retention period is over, here’s how you do it. Open the Exchange System Manager, open up the Mailbox Store, select the Mailboxes view and right-click. From the context menu, select “Run Cleanup Agent”. If you want the mailbox gone, wait until it shows a red “X” in the icon. Then select the mailbox, right-click, and select “Purge”.

Viewing 0 reply threads