Question

Dell dimension **50

By aham66 ·
Can someone please help? PC cannot boot because of 'Keyboard Failure' and cannot enter 'Systen setup'?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

errrm

by tintoman In reply to Dell dimension **50

attach a new keyboard perhaps?

Collapse -

or

by Mr.Wiz In reply to errrm

Make sure the current keyboard is attached correctly or at all. Unplug it and plug it back up (power off of course). If that doesn't work, try a new one.

Collapse -

USB Keyboard

by Bizzo In reply to Dell dimension **50

Dell Dimension **50 has USB slots on the front and the back, make sure that the keyboard/mouse are plugged into the ones at the back.

If this doesn't work, try a keyboard that you know works.

Collapse -

just had the same problem with my Dell Dimension **50

by rsoly777 In reply to USB Keyboard

I just had the same problem with my Dell Dimension **50. I contacted Dell and was able to resolve the problem with this easy fix...as follows.

-Unplug the computer and disconnect all devices.

-Press and hold power button for 10 seconds to drain the capacitor to prevent electrical shock.

-Open computer case and locate the 3 pin jumper block (located next to the 4 SATA harddrive connection points on the motherboard). The jumper is blue and will be connected to two of the three pins on the motherboard.

-Remove the jumper block for a second (apparently this clears the memory?) then reconnect it back to it's original postion.

-Close it up and that should do it! The Dell tech guy said the memory was corrupted or looped and this procedure cleared it out.