Question

Resolved

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Random Startup Problem

By dinkey ·
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop. I've run all the diagnostic tests from dell on it and everything keeps coming back as good or passed. I'm leaning towards a problem with the motherboard but any suggestions would help.

I start the laptop up and everything works great. Then it goes to sleep and if I hit the power button to turn it back on the screen stays black and I get a series of beeps. I've listened to these beeps over and over and cannot get a pattern out of them It's just a continuous series of beep beep beep beep no pauses. I turned off the sleep mode and everything seemed fine and working then I shut it down completely and ended up with the same problem. I've changed memory, took out the hard drive. It still does this. If I hold down the power button for 10 sec. and try to turn it back on It will come right back on or it might stay a black screen and continue to beep.
best answer
Collapse -

I believe it's fixed

by dinkey In reply to Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Ran ...

I went ahead and ordered a new motherboard. Replaced it and for the last 24 hours have put the computer to sleep multiple times and shut it down several times so far working normally.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Laptops Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)