General discussion

Dell Inspiron 600M

By jdls22 ·
Ok, here is my problem. I have had the laptop for awhile now. Recently I have been having problems with my monitor. When I boot up the computer I am able to see my desktop, after about 5-minutes the screen goes black, but if I look closly I am able to see what is going on on the screen..Seems like the light or back light goes out..Any ever experiance this? Dell can't help me..Please e-mail me: jdls22@aol.com

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

inverter board and back light

by privatehell In reply to Dell Inspiron 600M

I have had the same issue, by taking a flash light and putting it up to the screen you can see the display. This is an indication that the inverter board is loading the information to the monitor and failing after a time. The inverter board resides below the monitor in the lid of the laptop between the connection to the video card and the monitor. I would replace the inverter board and back light, which should approximately be about $40-$50 American. Good luck.

Collapse -

did the proposed solution work?

by theEsource In reply to Dell Inspiron 600M

I have the same problem. I read the proposed solution from the post done by the person in Savannah, GA. Did you try it and did it work?
Thanks.

Back to Laptops Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)