Question

Dell Inspiron 9300 display problems (faint lines)

By fongedelic ·
Hey guys and gals,
I hope someone out there can help me. My Dell laptop started to encounter some problems. My lcd is showing faint squiggly lines that change in color when I have different windows open. These lines run horizontal. If I have my web browser open, when I drag the winder these lines become "smeared". I've been searching the net for answers but have come up empty handed. Hopefully, you dont have the same problem but can help me find an answer to this problem. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Funny

by rkuhn In reply to Dell Inspiron 9300 displa ...

Years ago, Dell had lots of issues with horizontal lines in their CRT monitors. Basically, the CRT's were junk.

Odd, it's happening to you with a LCD on a laptop. The ghost still haunts them.

Collapse -

Try another monitor

by mjd420nova In reply to Dell Inspiron 9300 displa ...

This sure sounds like the monitor is on its way out. The problem sounds like a buffer problem in the frontend drivers for the LCD's. Seems a bad capacitor doesn't allow the voltage to chnage fast enough and holds a residual charge too long. Replace the LCD.

Collapse -

Piggy backing this post....

by onbliss In reply to Dell Inspiron 9300 displa ...

The number "2" key needs to be pressed more than once on my Dell Inspiron 9300, for it to function properly.
It looks like it has acquired a "sweet spot", and until I press that the key is pretty much useless.
Any thoughts on how to diagnose and rectify the problem? It is about an 1.5 year old laptop that is not used often.

fongedelic, sorry for piggy backing on your post.

Collapse -

exact same problem

by dkenblu In reply to Dell Inspiron 9300 displa ...

Hey I have the exact same problem. I have a Dell XPS (desktop) and FP1907 flatscreen. I have the same problem however with different monitors.

Did you ever find a fix to this?

Collapse -

Update.

by fongedelic In reply to Dell Inspiron 9300 displa ...

I still haven't found a solution. Can anyone else help?

Back to Laptops Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)