Question

Dell optiplex 755

By tsec05 ·
Good evening,

I have a dell optiplex 755 and decide to install xpsp3. The installation work out great but I have issues with the drivers. Dell website are useless for the proper drivers. Are the real names of the hardware is available ? Dell use different names then the real one ... Where to find the drivers ? Do they exist for XPSP3. I am losing hope ....

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Well Dell is still the best place to get the drivers

by OH Smeg In reply to Dell optiplex 755

But as for identifying Drivers for Hardware that requires them you can use Unknown Device Identifier which will make a list of all hardware without Drivers installed.

http://www.fileheap.com/software-unknown-device-identifier-download-34861.html

You will need to know which of the 7 Video Driver you require from the Dell Web Site at the very least.

The remainder are Sound which needs to be installed before you connect to the Windows Update Servers because these Conexit Drivers Are Not Digitally Signed so they are not possible to install after you connect to the Windows Update Servers. The LAN, Chipset and Input Drivers are the most likely one required.

So run the Unknown Device Identifier then download the necessary drivers from Dell +Web Site as listed above.

Col

Back to Web Development Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)