Question

Dell Printer 946 Scan to word

By ella8pv ·
I am trying to scan some documents to MS Word but it is not working properly. I get this error message claiming that the file premissions should be researched or that there is not significant disk space and it proposes to use text recovery. Can anybody help me on this matter?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Could be alot of things(MoreQ's than A's)

by shasca In reply to Dell Printer 946 Scan to ...

Have you been able to successfully complete this before?

Are you trying to do it in a new manner?

Can you print a test page to the printer?

Did the printer come with a software install CD?

Did you Install it according to manufacturers directions?

Is this Printer directly connected to the PC?

If you leave the printer turned on and reboot your PC does it still cause the same error message?

These answers will give us more information to work with in helping you.

Collapse -

Dell 946

by ella8pv In reply to Could be alot of things(M ...

Have you been able to successfully complete this before?
No, this is the first time I am trying to scan to MS Word. I have been able to scan other documents as both picture and pdf files.

Are you trying to do it in a new manner?
No just changed the option on the printer to MS Word and also tried to change it on the PC (in the scan window) but with exactly the same result

Can you print a test page to the printer?
Yes, I can also scan the documents as picture files, but since I need to edit the text in them its not very helpfull :-)

Did the printer come with a software install CD? Yes, and I will try finding it tomorrow :-)

Is this Printer directly connected to the PC? Yes by cable.

If you leave the printer turned on and reboot your PC does it still cause the same error message?
Haven't tried that yet but will do first thing in the morning and give you an answer then.

Thank you for your kind attenion so far. I hope these answers gives you an opportunity to close in on the challenge.

Collapse -

I have tried rebooting

by ella8pv In reply to Could be alot of things(M ...

Hi!
I have tried rebooting the PC with no sucess.

Do you have any further suggestions?