General discussion

Device communication error with HP d145

By remd ·
Apologies in advance. I found this site trying to resolve what is probably a small problem for the rest of the subscribers. I will ask anyway. My all in one will not fax using the computer. I originally was recieving errors msg of communication failure after 2 or 3 pages sent. Now the documents scan but an error msg appears on computer "fax could not be sent because of communication error with device" etc. Also message states fax will be sent to fax log where it may be sent later but resend option does not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times to no available.
P.S.
That is HP's tech site answer to problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by shiny_topadm In reply to Device communication erro ...

Hi, I have a few of questions for you: do the errors only occur in the fax-machine mode? (i.e. can you/have you successfully printed a multi-page doc, have you successfully scanned?). Have you recently changed the way your HP is connected (I'm guessing USB)? Was this working for a while and then failed or is this a new install? Have you used your fax-modem with any other software? What operating system? If Windows, have you checked "Device Manager" to see if the system thinks everythings working OK? Can you tell if the error message is from the o/s or from the HP software? The answers to these may help us to narrow down your problem. let us know and we'll try to help you,

---Will

Collapse -

by shiny_topadm In reply to

I received your answers to my questions; even though the other functions seem to have no problem, have you swapped out the USB cable or used a different USB port?, I've seen some of these that do seemingly random things with a longer (> 12') cable.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)