Software

Our forums are currently in maintenance mode and the ability to post is disabled. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

General discussion

Distribution Lists in Exchange 2003???

By jon ·
In Active Directory, I have created a new Distribution Group. I then created an exchange mailbox for that distribution group, then I added members to it as needed from the users in active directory.

In my environment, I have personnel, and I have independent agents who have cubicles with either wireless or wired connections to the switch so they can at the very least access the internet and print to the printers.

I don't give independent agents accounts in active directory unless they have absolutely no technology with them when they come on board.

For those who do not have accounts in the domain, I still need to be able to send them e-mail in a distribution list.

Bottom line...can I also add external e-mail recipients to a distribution list in Active Directory?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dpiesowocki In reply to Distribution Lists in Exc ...

You create an external contact in Exchange 2003 and then can add that to the distribution list. To create a contact:
1. Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
2. Expand the server, and then right-click Users.
3. Click New, and then click Contact.
4. Type a name.
5. Click Modify, click SMTP, and then click OK to create the custom SMTP mail address.
6. Type the SMTP e-mail address, click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.