General discussion

DOWNLOA Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration/server consolidation Viso diagrams

By Bill Detwiler Editor ·
Detailed planning and preparation is critical for a successful migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Visualizing your new Exchange 2003 network and comparing it to your existing Exchange infrastructure can help you trough the transition and reduce the likelihood that important considerations will fall through migration plan.

The Microsoft Visio diagrams in this download illustrate an Exchange server consolidation plan. This sample plan assumes a corporate headquarters with 10,000 users, a European headquarters with 5,000 users and a production facility and warehouse containing 750 users. The plan calls for a reduction of five servers and includes fault tolerance, with passive (standby) nodes at both the corporate and European headquarters.

Download and review the Visio diagrams:
http://techrepublic.com.com/5138-10879-5851344.html

Then, join this ongoing discussion and let us know if this list provides helpful information and if there's anything we can do to improve the document's format or content.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Cosolidation vs. Reliability

by josh.hoskins In reply to DOWNLOAD: Exchange 5.5 to ...

In these diagrams I sacrifice certain levels of consolidation to achieve a more reliable infrastructure through clustering with a passive node. I generally view the reliability as a greater factor than consolidation for most buisness critical apps. I am sure others have different ideas on this, and I would love to hear them.

Collapse -

asdf

by andrew_s351 In reply to DOWNLOAD: Exchange 5.5 to ...
Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)